Saturday, August 25, 2012

Wasup Yoga in Shilshone Bay

My friend Angie and I have been going to paddle board yoga off and on all summer (the classes fill up quick!). We only have about a month left before it gets too cold to do this anymore, so we are trying to squeeze in a few more sessions.

It's such a cool experience and (you know me!) I wanted to document it if possible. In an act of bravery/stupidity, I double-bagged my iPhone in ziplock bags and brought it out with us. Angie and I took turns taking some pictures. Maybe this will give you an idea of what a unique experience, challenging workout (especially when it's CHOPPY like it was today!), and fun time paddle board yoga is!

We paddle out to some buoys in Shilshone Bay where we tie up. These
are two of the other girls in our eight-person class. 

I love being out on top of the water like this!

It's about a 30-minute paddle out; an hour-long yoga practice,
and a 30-minute paddle back. 

You can see how the gals behind me are all tied up to the
same line as me. All our boards stay parallel because of
the current.

Angie has been doing yoga longer than me; she got skeeeelz!

The drawbridge behind me is open. Hey, that would be a good name for
this yoga pose!

High plank.

Warrior II pose.

After our paddle back, we brought the boards in to shore,
carried them back up to the Surf Ballard shop, and
immediately thought: "Lunch!"

Well, first Angie and I bought a couple of Tshirts--just in case this is our last
time out here for the summer.

Right next to Surf Ballard is this no-name Cuban restaurant that always has
a line down the sidewalk. We got the scoop from the surf dudes this week:
This place is famous. Apparently, it's called Paseo's and it's been named
"Best Sandwich in America" by Esquire magazine, "Seattle's #1 Restaurant" by Urban Spoon, and has been recommended by Food and Wine magazine.

Well, okay, then. Twist our arms. 

The little outdoor semi-covered eating area was crowded so we took our
Cuban pork (cooked over lava rocks) sandwich and black beans with rice
down to the beach.

I have an inner beach bum who could totally live THIS life. For real.

The spot where Angie and I shared our AMAZING sandwich
with a side of beans and rice. Olympic Mountains in the far distance,
across the Puget Sound. Wow....what a day.

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh. that sounds like a perfect day. seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...