Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Snapshots: A Week in Review

Week one of living in Bellevue, done. It's not a bad little town. The place where we are staying is in a great location since we're still on foot...within walking distance is Mike's office, a grocery store, multiple restaurants, the credit union we just joined, the post office, the pet store (you know Skippy needs her special brand of wet cat food...spoiled feline!), and two playgrounds. The mall is nearby, too, though I'm not really a mall type of girl. Here's some of what we've been up to:

This morning I watched the sun come up outside the
window of our second-story temporary apartment.

Skippy wants that tuna sandwich. Ollie wants to snuggle.

Making her move...

After five weeks of restaurant food and holiday meals, I am craving my
veggies. Today's lunch: canned tuna over romaine with cukes and olives.

Part 2 of the plan: Sweat. The apartment building has a fitness room.
My mileage is down because I haven't run much in the last month, but
I'll be back up to my 6- to 7-mile distance soon. Still slow as molasses, though.
I have to say, running on the treadmill is a sad alternative to running
along the North Sea. Miss that Whitley Bay coastline!

Merrit and I are doing homeschool until we move into our more permanent
rental home, and get him enrolled in third grade. Just like old times. :)

Ollie getting in on the schooling, too.

Watching a multiplication video set to rock-and-roll
that we checked out at the library. Ollie, of course, is
jamming out. Playing a book like a guitar. He's a rocker, that one.

He's also a big ham. Loves nothing more than to make us laugh.

The resume clients keep coming in, so that has kept me busy. The time
difference works well, since I can make client calls at 5am here/8am NC-time,
while my kids are still sleeping. Sweet. 

After plowing through the Hunger Games series in a week,
here's what I'm reading now.
 
While we were in England, we had to leave Skippy with friends.
Now our 15-year-old girl is back where she belongs. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...