Sunday, June 17, 2012

Insanity!

No, I'm not posting my before-and-after pics. Too private. But, suffice it to say, I have gone from a size 10 to a size 6 in just 60 days and I feel awesome! I'm actually about halfway through "month three" now (just repeating the month two DVDs). Love me some Shaun T...
I haven't been this strong or flexible since I was a high school cheerleader probably. This program worked for me for a variety of different reasons. I like that it was six days/week...I think that's why I got results...it's just A LOT of exercise. The workouts are, well, insane. It felt great to be DRIPPING in sweat after each workout. Love the stretching after each workout. I think Shaun T is a great coach and no matter how many times I watch the same DVD, he doesn't ever get annoying (like, ahem, Jillian Michaels did in her 30-Day Shred DVD...sorry Jillian, but it's true...I couldn't take anymore). The DVD thing works for me because I can do my workout with Ollie underfoot. In fact, he even likes to get in on the action:

How cute is he?!
My continuing goals are to get into a size 4, keep training for the Warrior Dash on July 21, work on upper body strength and definition, and improve my four-mile time (currently running a 10.15 min/mile). Here are some of the highlights of the last 60+ days...taken from the sweaty pics I would take and send to Dawn as proof that I worked out that day! Keepin' it real!

These workouts really do make you Dig Deeper,
as Shaun T likes to say!

How I earned the (apt) nickname Sweaty McSweatpants.

I worked out so often, I couldn't wash my socks fast enough. Time to pull out
the novelty Christmas socks! :)

Just a little ghetto.

Oblique push ups. Hard core.

Power jumps. Plyometrics, baby! (That was for you, Tina.)
Plank punches. Saved for the end of a one-hour workout, these are KILLER.

Proud of another hard workout.

Dripping sweat. I love it.

Sending off my before-and-after pictures to get my
FREE T-SHIRT! Woot woot!

There it is, baby! I earned it!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you are killer! Thanks for the inspiration, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...