Friday, June 8, 2012

Welcome, June

Iris along the shoreline in our back yard. So cheerful.

There are various rose bushes all along our driveway.

Bearded iris, not one of my favorites but I think this
color is quite dramatic.

Love these Siberian iris. These are planted right next
to a yellow rose; they look stunning together.

We've spotted two different kinds of lily pads. This type has huge leaves
and bowl-like yellow flowers filled with bugs.

This other type of lily pad is so pretty. The flowers are either white
or pink. This pic was taken from our canoe.

Flowering rhododendron with foxgloves in the foreground.

Here's that yellow rose. I am in love. It's planted right by the shed.

My favorite of all: peonies. There's just one plant, also by the shed, but I
have been merciless in cutting flowers and bringing them inside in vases.

1 comment:

  1. We have three peony plants in our front yard and I'm the same way - every room in our house has a vase of peonies now. They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...