Monday, July 23, 2012

Dawn's Birthday Dinner at the Space Needle

I suck at secrets. I can't keep a secret, ever. So as much as I'd like to say that I was able to (as I'd planned) surprise Dawn with her Space Needle Birthday Dinner last night, I spilled the beans almost two weeks ago! Drg. 

Our reservation was for 9pm, so we had amazing city views from 605 feet up.
We were a bit nervous about the spinning restaurant after this morning's
vertigo event, but Dawn did just fine!

Cheers to the birthday girl.

Dawn chose a red blend from Dunham Cellars in Columbia Valley, WA.
It was really, really delicious. We shared a bottle. Just one. ;)

Knowing me, this will be hard to believe, but I didn't take any food pictures. (Maybe that just tells you how good the food was!) Dawn ordered the Butter Poached Draper Valley Chicken, which came with romanesco, a morel mushroom-leek fondue, and risotto. I ordered Razor Clam and Corn Chowder and a salad of mixed baby greens with Rogue Creamery blue cheese, huckleberry vinaigrette, Gala apple, and salted caramel pecans. We got dessert, too (BAD GIRLS!). Dawn had a chocolate molten cake and I had cheesecake. 

After dinner, we walked up to the observation tower and snapped these shots,
just minutes before the Needle's 11pm closing time. 

The city at left and the sound at right. Gorgeous.

Back down on the ground, the Space Needle is lit up
and glowing. What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...