Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day Trip to Whidbey Island

Today we made appointments to go see a naturopathic doctor on Whidbey Island. We drove about 45 minutes to Mukliteo, then took the short ferry over to Whidbey. We had a few hours before our appointments, so we ate lunch and went for a short hike down to the beach.

Here's where I have to brag on my amazing mom for just a minute. She is 70 now and is freakin' awesome. She handled the not-beginner trail, complete with hills and a stretch of pretty steep stairs, like a 40-year-old (ask me how I know). She rocks. 


Ollie and Mommy ride the purple dinosaur at a Whidbey Island park.

Gorgeous beach-front park. I snagged some driftwood for my mantle from here.
(Don't tell anyone...I don't think you're supposed to take driftwood...?)

Explorer Ollie.

Mom and Merrit waiting for lunch. We had clam chowder at this local diner.

Our hike down to the beach was really a great way to burn off lunch and enjoy
the local woods. The boys were running circles around us, but we all made it
down to the beach together. :)

We spent about a half an hour walking on the beach barefoot, soaking
up some sun, and beachcombing.

Merrit and I. Cheesin'. (How cute is my little man growing up to be?!?)

Both the boys had fun climbing on these huge driftwood trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...