Saturday, September 22, 2012

Dim Sum, Anyone? ... Skipping Stones and Antiquing

Today we hooked up with my brothers for lunch. I wish I could remember the name of this place we went to in Seattle's Chinatown. I'll have to ask my brothers....but it was FANTASTIC. We had dim sum; it's only the second time I have had dim sum (the first being in Washington, D.C., and I really didn't love it, I have to say). But I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious our meal was! The dumplings were light and fluffy and steaming hot, not at all like I remember them being (sort of dense and gluey and too-filling). 

As usual, my foodie brother Rich ordered. I don't even know what all we got. Sticky rice wrapped in lotus leaves, Peking duck, steamed baby bok choy, and a whole assortment of dumplings...some filled with shrimp, cilantro, other seafood...I don't even know. Everything was so good!


Uncle Ryan pours soy sauce while Ollie looks on.

Rich and Ryan choosing dumplings from the waitress with the rolling cart.

The translucent and piping hot dumplings were delicious!

The Peking duck blew my mind. Never had it before and wasn't sure how to
eat it. Rich and Ryan, who come here regularly, demonstrated...

You take a sticky bun, put some of the duck--with some crispy
skin--into the sweet bun, then add some spring onion and hoisin
sauce. Mmmm.

My lovely mom and I. We are having a great week together!

 After a delicious lunch--marred only by that moment when Ollie knocked over a whole pot of hot tea by spinning the lazy-Susan in the middle of the table waaaay to fast--we piled into the car for a little driving tour of Seattle's nicer neighborhoods. We drove past Curt Cobain's old house and ended up at little park on the western shores of Lake Washington.


The house where Curt Cobain killed himself. Not that I'm a huge Nirvana
fan, but I was still curious to see where he lived. 

Impromptu family portrait. My mom rarely gets to have a picture taken
with all three of her kiddos! It's so strange that we've all "landed" in Seattle.

We watched this dog swimming after a stick, and boats going by. We threw
rocks in the water and enjoyed the sunshine. A nice way to spend an afternoon.

The water is cold, but it's still nice to kick off your shoes
and dip your toes in!

Mom just kicked back and watched all her "boys"
throw rocks in the water. Rich, Ryan, Merrit, and Ollie
all have fun skipping and throwing stones. :)

Ollie found this feather. I love this little guy. He's
such a curious little thing!

After we dropped the "big boys" off at Rich's office, Mom and the "little boys" and I went to this super cool furniture / antique warehouse I wanted to show Mom. I was sort of looking for some side tables or maybe a headboard, but we didn't find anything. Just had fun browsing around...


On the lowest of three levels of antiques. This place is cool...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...