Friday, November 23, 2012

Breaking Dawn - Part 2

I saw the first "Twilight" movie after it had already been out a while; a bunch of my Raleigh girls and I went to the Cary outdoor amphitheater and watched it on the big screen while we sat together in lawn chairs and on blankets and ate cold summer salads and drank wine out of red Solo cups. I had just read the first three books and was "late to the [Twilight] party."

When the "New Moon" and "Eclipse" movies came out (in November 2009 and 2010, respectively), the girls and I all went to the midnight showing on opening night. We had Edward T-shirts and "Team Jacob" (temporary) tats...it was all silly and fun...and preceded by late-night dinners out and margaritas. 

That was Twilight at it's best!  

Last year, in England, I went to see "Breaking Dawn - Part 1" with Mike. It had already been out for a few weeks and he was a reluctant date. Definitely not as much fun.

And then this year, I went to the 3:30 matinee by myself and sent this text to my Raleigh girls: "Wish you were here. Not the same without you!" Times have changed.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...