Sunday, November 4, 2012

Greasy Spoon

Not that we've been looking for a spot like this, but every now and then you sorta want hot, thin coffee (I seriously didn't think you could FIND coffee like this in the Land of Starbucks), white toast, greasy fried eggs, and hash browns. Oh yeah. 

This place is called Li'l John and the line is out the door on weekend mornings. It's literally just around the corner from our house. That may not be a good thing...

The dive was jumping this morning. We waited about a half an hour for a table.

Classic. Heavy brown crockery mugs.

This is the type of coffee you have to really doctor
up with cream and sugar (in my opinion).
C'mon, y'all know I'm a coffee snob.

These plates were sorta cute. This place has
been here since 1967.

The look on Merrit's face says, "I ate it allllllll." 

Bucket of jams and jellies. Sorta cute.

The pancakes here are ridiculously huge. Syrup, anyone?
If you like reading restaurant reviews for fun (oh, is that just me?), check out the reviews at UrbanSpoon.com for Li'l John.

1 comment:

  1. Since 1967? Yikes. They must be doing it "right." I had you brainwashed when you were young to say, in response to MacDonald's jingle about "Doin' it right," to repeat, "Yes, but what they're doing is wrong!"

    UrbanSpoon rocks. I always check their reviews. I am going to go read the reviews for Lil John.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...